Another miniature flying saucer --- inspired by Barks?

lgiver@postoffice.pacbell.net lgiver at postoffice.pacbell.net
Fri Mar 7 10:14:23 CET 2003

   A small one-panel comic by Frank Deale in last Saturday's newspaper
has a miniature flying saucer loaded in a dishwasher.  The little
space-alien
captain says to his assistant "I thought I'd get the ship washed before
we head home."        I think this comic artist must have read Barks'
"Microducks from Outer Space" Scrooge story.  Did he originate the
concept that a flying saucer space ship could be the size of a dinner
plate or actual saucer?
                                                    ----Larry Giver.