More Thoughts on the "Take-Along" Books

Ari Seppi ari.seppi at iki.fi
Mon Mar 10 08:42:07 CET 2003

Dane:
>(Sorry; I originally sent this to one user, as opposed to the entire list.
>I need a mail program that actually WORKS!)

Actually there is nothing wrong with your mail program (at least in this
case). The list doesn't add Reply-To-header so your mailer can't
know that it is supposed to send the message to the whole list as
a default.

> >First, both Donald Duck &Scrooge stories were drawn by Fecchi. The story
> "The
> >Deep" (D 99272) was published in the latest issue of Polish
> "Gigant >poleca:"
> >(I've bought it yesterday ). I've  really enjoyed this story - except the
> >ending.

I thought the story was quite ordinary. However, it was strangely a bit
interesting even when it was mainly put together from standardized
duck story parts. The monster was nice.

>but there are many European artists I've never even seen unreadable scans
>of, so the "pocket books" will be a good oppurtunity for me to, er,
>"expand my horizons."
>
>I'll definitely be buying at least a few of them.

The stories in this first book probably aren't very special*) so remember
not to expect to see the best of European stories - or even European
pocket stories - right away. Hopefully the next book has a good
Flemming Andersen story in it.

*) I don't remember "Panicking Pachyderm" but based on the
description it sounds like one of those not-so-good Mickey stories.

> >(i don't like the idea of Scrooge having a PC).
>Scrooge? A PC?!

:-) In Finnish version it was probably supposed to be a Mac, since the
company that manufactured it was called Omenankka (AppleDuck).

--
Ari Seppi (ari.seppi at iki.fi)
http://www.iki.fi/mani/