The Take-Along Books' Art

Danehog@aol.com Danehog at aol.com
Sun Mar 16 22:18:50 CET 2003

In a message dated 3/16/2003 2:53:57 PM Eastern Standard Time,
malines24 at hotmail.com writes:

> I also took a couple low-quality scanns from both of these
> two:
>
> http://www.geocities.com/gearlost/n/d2000083.html
> http://www.geocities.com/gearlost/n/d99272.html

While the Ducks look a little "off" in both of those scans--they just seem
too distorted, and the expressions are odd--I like the attempt at drawing
"unique" panel-layouts. This is definitely a change from Barks' traditional
four-teir layout that has been used so many times in Duck stories. (That
format works, but I like seeing unique panel-layouts in my Duck stories.)

And this especially works for a digest format. While the artist(s?) seem to
draw the Ducks awkwardly, they have a talent for knowing the "feel" of how a
comic book story should be done.

Or something.

At any rate, I'll be buying these books no matter how mediocre they are.
(What can I say? I'm biased...)
--
Thanks for reading this nonsense,

Dane Martin