DCML Digest Issue 1304

Sigvald Grøsfjeld jr. sigvald at duckburg.dk
Wed Mar 19 17:21:35 CET 2003

Don Rosa <donrosa at iglou.com> wrote:

> He is one of my biggest fans, and I get rather
> embarrassed! I was flabbergasted that he would
> seem to be implying, which someone might infer
> was based on private knowledge, that I had the
> absurd feeling for the French or for the editor
> of PICSOU that he described.

Well this shows how difficult communication via
the internet can be. It was not my intention at
all to draw any conclusions on you behalf. I
can now see that I should have dropped the
quess in h end of that posting. I am indeed
very sorry for this.

> But as outta-line as I thought he was, I saw
> nothing in his message to offend anyone but
> MOI.

Well, I can ensure you and everybody else here
that nothing there was written with the purpose
of offending anybody.

> I think I've done all I can to try to dissuade
> Sigvald from making these drastic assumptions
> or to constantly insult other writers and
> artists who don't make their stories *exactly*
> like I do,

Hmmm... I did recently state that Van Horn is
"one of the best". I have previously stated
that I like the various artists like Paul Murry,
Floyd Gottfredson, etc. very much. I have also
staded that I like the Italian "Mickey Mouse
time travelling stories very well".

> or the fans who like variety and are not
> single-minded.

I think that "over-focused" may be a better word
than "single-minded" here.

> As regards Gemstone and PICSOU, I just had a
> long message from the editor of PICSOU about an
> hour ago, discussing his plans to have me do a
> new series of "pin-ups" and other projects.

That's great news for everybody here!

> Again, *regardless of Sigvald's assumption*,
> Pascal Pierrey is a huge Duckfan (and Rosa fan,
> if I may be allowed, just to contradict the
> assumption) and he has never left his position
> as editor of PICSOU. But a few years back he
> was given the extra duty of editing LE
> JOURNAL DE MICKEY as well, an increase in
> workload of about 500%, so he'd had no time to
> give certain matters close attention for those
> years. But now he's back to editing *only*
> PICSOU and we might get the show back on the
> road.

That is indeed great news!

But please, I did never assume that Pascal
Pierrey wasn't a great Duckfan or a fan of you
- I only assumed he was replaced by someone
else with an other attidude.

FABIO:
>>> I hope you are enjoying the remake of the
>>> blitzkrieg on Polland by CNN...
>
> Okay, hold it! Is this a joke? Are you trying
> to top Sigvald? I am not in favor of this whole
> mess into which the world has been pushed by
> that sub-grade moron who shouldn't even BE our
> president, as well as by wrong-headed European
> attitudes. However, to compare it to the Nazi
> blitzkrieg on Poland is crossing into even more
> outrageously idiotic comments. Obviously, NONE
> OF THIS is proper material for discussion in
> this ML!!! Please just DROP IT!!!

Agreed!

Sigvald :-)