Van Horn working for Gemstone

JALustig@aol.com JALustig at aol.com
Wed Mar 19 19:15:26 CET 2003

Dane wrote:

> Do you know if he'll be writing/drawing stories for Gemstone exclusively in
> the future? I remember really enjoying his DuckTales stories from the first
> run of Gladstone comics, so it would be great to see some more short
> adventure stories, as opposed to the short strictly-humorous ones.
>
> What I liked about his adventure stories was that they had the same "feel"
> as
> the strictly-comedic ones; they just took place in other locations than
> Duckburg. Barks and Rosa seem to shift between styles, depending on the
> style
> of story, while Van Horn combined everything into one.
>
> Of course, that didn't always work...
>
> Still, it would be great if Van Horn were to work for Gemstone exclusively!

Except for doing covers, Bill Van Horn is not working for Gemstone. At the
moment, as far as I know, Gemstone is not commissioning any new stories--just
covers. Even if Gemstone was, there really is no advantage to working
exclusively for any of the Disney licensees.

And as for your comments about Bill's old DuckTales stories, Bill wrote most
of them. But I wrote a few of them. So, on behalf of both Bill and myself,
thanks for the compliments. Glad you enjoyed them.

Best Wishes,
John Lustig
7218 27th Ave. N.E.
Seattle, WA 98115