"Wie Micky unter die Nazis"

lgiver@postoffice.pacbell.net lgiver at postoffice.pacbell.net
Sat Mar 22 21:49:06 CET 2003

Cord Wiljes called our attention to a book by Carsten Laqua,
"Wie Micky unter die Nazis" (no English translation available).
Wow, there must be very few Americans who know that
Disney characters were already out of this country prior to
and during the second world war; certainly I didn't.  We
Americans are familiar with the Disney war-time cartoons
where Donald and/or Mickey triumphed over the bumbling
Japanese or German adversaries.  So are you saying the
Nazis made similar use of Disney characters?  It would be
great if someone interested in this history could translate
this book into English!
            One question:   Did the Disney company manage
to collect copyright royalties from the Nazis government?
Or maybe they didn't really use Mickey, but that European
prince that looked just like him that Mickey had to
fill in for a few months back in the 1930's.
                                    Best wishes,    Larry Giver.