cover paper type, again

timo ronkainen timoro at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 26 15:27:42 CET 2003

Ola:
I'm talking about the
>same issue e.g. #3 1954 with two different types of paper in the cover. The
>usual type is glossy (blank in Swedish) on the surface of the cover paper.
>But there exists a few known copies with a dull (matt in Swedish) surface
>on the cover paper. And I really mean a few !

I've never seen anything like that in Finland as far as can I remember. That
doesn't mean that never occured. But my guess in here is that printer just
simply ran out paper during the print run, and they had to continue with
different paper. It's no wonder after war paper shortage.

Timo

^^''*''^^
Cartoonist - writer - donaldist -
Timo Ronkainen ---------------- -