DCML Digest, Vol 1, Issue 1315

Arie Fachrisal cien2 at cbn.net.id
Wed Mar 26 20:22:46 CET 2003

I recently watched re-runs of the Indiana Jones trilogy. When i watched The
Last Crusade, i cant help feeling like i'm watching a movie of Ghost of the
Grotto. Both knights have to guard a valuable thing. Both knights have to
find replacement. And both have grown old thru the time and their similar
appearance strikes me the most. i didnt notice it when i was a kid. Whether
or not the movie was based on that story, i cant help feeling that it is.

the auger nosed antagonist is p.j. mcbrine if im not mistaken.

I agree that many movies take plots from comics and even novels. But the
current releases of superheroes comics movies arent too shabby but yet not
too grand either. I keep hoping that someday some nutcase producer will be
able to produce barks' ducks stories into a movie but using humans as the
actors. it is not impossible yet i would love to see any veteran actor take
on the role of scrooge mcduck. of course, i expect em to wear pants ;-)
somehow, don rosa's life and times stories might be perfec for such project,
depicting scrooge thru all of his hard work to be the richest one in the
world.

Keep On Quacking,
Arie Fachrisal

> Message: 5
> Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2003 21:39:47 -0800
> From: rob gibson <robgsb at rain.org>
> Subject: barks/disney plots in non disney stories
> To: dcml at stp.ling.uu.se
>
> I just got caught up on my DCML emails, so my reply is a bit dated. Steven
> Spielberg has admitted being inspired by Carl Barks. In particular he
> mentioned borrowing plot elements from "The Seven Cities of Cibola" for
> "Raiders of the Lost Ark." Could there be a link betweeen "Jurassic Park"
> (book and movie) with the auger nosed pickle hater story?
>
> I am amazed at how many movies are based on comic book characters or
plots.
> One could argue that this is a factor in the decline of comic book sales.
How