HDL's parents

Crocker, John John.Crocker at dvn.com
Thu Mar 27 15:09:25 CET 2003

In discussing HDL's parents,

Mickey stated:
Rosa said that someone in Xanadu told the twins they would have returned
there in order to discover a secret who deals with them. Or something like
this, neither I have the story at hand. Rosa also suggested that Della and
his husband were something like Senior Woodchucks, adventurers, tomb raiders
and so on, and they might be considered "lost in mission" to justify
everything. Or something like this :)

In response, I think that there is definitely something that could be done with this "Senior" Woodchucks idea.
HDL's parents, leaders of amazing missions and adventures are forced to leave HDL with Donald for awhile, but on this trip things don't go so well, and they get in some sort of predicament in which they are unable to return to Duckburg.  Then, in some amazing Woodchucks adventure of their own, a trip in which HDL have a feeling will be extremely significant, they are led to their parents.....
Then, to wrap things up without changing the "Duckburg scenario" for future issues and stories.......HDL and their parents have a lengthly discussion about each other, getting caught up on their lives.  All of them, having a great desire for knowledge and an sense of purpose in their lives understand that both groups have separate lives to live.  HDL's parents are meant to continue with whatever they are doing and convince the boys that they should return home to follow their own destinies.

That's a very stream-of-conscious idea, but I think it would be really exciting and would manage to somehow keep things from getting crazy on either side of the story (before and after meeting the parents).

I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Thanks,
John Crocker.