Donald's parents

Sigvald Grøsfjeld jr. sigvald at duckburg.dk
Thu Mar 27 22:27:14 CET 2003

Hi all!

the discussing concerning HD&Ls parents have made me remember a still
unanswered question I once sent to DCML.

In Lo$ part 10 - "The Invader of Fort Duckburg" (1902) Donald's parents
meets each other for the first time and fall in love.

In Lo$ part 10b - "The Sharpie of The Culebra Cut" (1906) both Donald's
mother and her sister Mathilda goes with Scrooge to Panama. Donald's father
is *not* mentioned at all. During this trip Donald's mother shows as great
interest for "cowboys" as before she met her later husband Quackmore Duck.

In Lo$ part 11 - "The Empire-Builder from Calisota". Donald's parents are
first engaged (1909) and then married and with a family (1930).

Can anyone this time please explain Hortense's behavior in 1906 and why
Quackmore is not mentioned in that story?

Sigvald :-)