Humperdink Duck's first appearance (to David Gerstein, Don Rosa and everybody interrested)

Goofy313g@aol.com Goofy313g at aol.com
Thu Mar 27 23:36:59 CET 2003

In a message dated Sat, 19 Jan 2002 00:28:20 -0500, Don Rosa wrote:
>>>I checked my old research notes for the "Lo$" and I see it was in WDC&S
>>>#121, which I think was the very first Grandma Duck comic book story.
>>>Another issue in that same range had the name of her deceased husband,
>>>Humperdink Duck, in another scrapbook scene... but it was David who told me
>>>about that so perhaps he recalls that issue #.

Is there a chance that it is Bob Moore's untitled W OS 353-01 (November 1951) ?
Inducks description seems to be the good one...

http://coa.duckburg.dk/coa/c1/story.php/0/W+OS++353-01//_

can anyone confirm this?

about grandpas, Rich tells in his pages that the grandpa duck from the cartoon "No Hunting" "made a appearance in a memory flashback of Grandma's in the Dell giant Vacation Parade #2 (July 1951)"

can anyone check this too?

Thanks,
Gilles