SV: Re: HDL's parents

Sigvald Grøsfjeld jr. sigvald at duckburg.dk
Fri Mar 28 19:31:48 CET 2003

Mickey <mickey at iol.it> wrote:

> True, but the point is that HD&L did not lose
> their parents in the war.
>
> Who said? Can't their father be dead in war?

Al Taliaferro did. I think the "legend" is that HD&L was sent to Donald
because they tid fire a firecracker underneath their father's chair, and
that their father had nerve promblems afterwards".

Even though Taliaferro came up with that story as early as in 1937, it must
have happened many years later as HD&L are said to be born around 1940. So
let's say it happened during the very late fase of WW2 or shortly after the
war. It is thus possible to imagine that their fathers very hard reaction
after the blow of the firecracker underneath his chair can be explained by a
post war stress syndrom caused by a previous participation in WW2.

Sigvald :-)