Mickey's Family Tree

Rob Klein bi442 at lafn.org
Mon Mar 31 10:12:16 CEST 2003

Although Gilles is correct that it would be more difficult to make a family
tree for Mickey mouse than for Donald Duck, -it would be very interesting to
see. Gottfredson gave us the Fieldmouses (not Fieldmice!) and Churchmouses (not
Churchmice) (just as the Native American U.S.A. and Canadian Blackfeet tribal
members are not a Blackfoot in the singular), as well as several other Mouses.
But, I believe Paul Murray's stories (writers) gave us even more of Mickey's
relatives.  He visited many, many over the years in the Mickey Mouse serials in
WDC & S, and also in Mickey Mouse comics (from the early 1950s through the mid
1970s.  I don't remember very many Mouse relatives in Mouse stories drawn by
Bill Wright, Dick Moores, or any other of the less prolific artists, but there
must have been at least a few. Perhaps Noel van Horn has introduced some? It
would be nice if someone on DCML (with a lot of free time) could search through
all the Mickey strips and comics and compile a list of all those relatives.  If
the Hoozoo list or the other Disney character lists are complete (for Mouse
characters of even single panel appearances), then it is only a matter of
figuring out how they are related to Mickey and each other. I hope someone
attempts it (or, has it already been done?)

Rob
Klein