Paul Murry

JTorci3511@aol.com JTorci3511 at aol.com
Thu May 1 14:24:19 CEST 2003

Everyone:

Sigvald comments on about Paul Murry NOT writing the stories he drew:

"Anyway, if you are right, Paul Murry may no longer deserve to be counted
together with the greatest artists like Gottfredson, Barks, Rosa, Van Horn,
Rota, etc. who normally do all the work themselves."

WHY, Sigvald?  Does that knowledge SOMEHOW DIMINISH Paul Murry's art?!

You say "...together with the greatest artists".  Exactly what knocked him
out of that category?  I just shake my head at some of the comments I read
here...

Strictly as an artist, Paul Murry may have had a greater influence on the
comic book Mickey than ANYONE!   Over the years, I certainly haven't seen
anywhere near the number of "other artists" imitating or "tributing"
Gottfredson (...certainly his later, more modern look, against which Murry
would be judged), Manuel Gonzalez, or anyone else.  More of what I've seen
was "Murry-influenced" than anything else!

But, I guess Murry "...no longer deserves to be counted together with the
greatest artists" just because he worked better with a separate writer!  Oh,
well...

Joe Torcivia.