Evaluating Paul Murry

Sigvald Grøsfjeld jr. sigvald at duckburg.dk
Mon May 5 03:10:32 CEST 2003

Vidar Svendsen <vidar-svendsen at c2i.net> wrote:

>> I refer to Donald Duck &amp; Co in general.
>> I can't remember that they have ever told
>> their Norwegian readers that Paul Murry worked
>> another way than creators like Barks and Rosa.
>> As long as nothing else is stated, most
>> readers are lead to believe that Barks is the
>> norm.
>
> I can't find any articles about Murry in
> DD&Co.

Exactly, Vidar! And together with the facts that Murry AFAIK always are
mentioned alone in the credits (obiously because the writer is unknown)
there is no way the readers could know that Murry worked an other way than
Barks!

> I've found one article about him
> (Aargangsbok 1953 I).

That's a pretty new publication so it doesn't change my argument. It's
possible that this stuff about Paul Murry was mentioned in the giant book
"Vi Mikke og Langbein" though, but as someone else previosly has staded -
those books were rather expensive and were thus not read by everyone.

Sigvald :-)