Geographic inaccuracies found in DD&Co

Stefan Persson spe at inducks.org
Mon May 5 22:58:53 CEST 2003

Sigvald Grøsfjeld jr. wrote:

> 2) There is ca. 300.000 km to the moon - the Earths nearest object in space.
> 99950 thus seems to be much to little distance between two inhabitable
> planets.

There is another planet that is closer to Earth than the moon in a Barks
story.

> 3) Donald and other Duckburgians NEVER goes to "Langtvekkistan" by a
> space-rocket - how could they afford that?

True.  Maybe they take the wrong way and travel around the world?
Twice, that is.

There has to be some error in the facts in this case.  It reminds me of
a recent case in a pocket book where a date from the 19th century was
mentioned, but where the given weekday was wrong...

Stefan