Disney Characters - Guest Appearances

Danehog@aol.com Danehog at aol.com
Tue May 6 22:10:20 CEST 2003

In a message dated 5/6/2003 8:00:55 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
agememnon75 at yahoo.com writes:

> So: if you know of any appearance of disney characters in non-disney comis
> (dutch or non-dutch) I would be very interested in hearing from you.

The first thing that comes to my mind when I think of unathorized Disney
publications would have to be Dan O'Neil's "Mickey Mouse and the Air
Pirates," which I think has been mentioned on this mailing-list before.

For more information:

<A HREF="http://www.lambiek.net/oneill_dan.htm">http://www.lambiek.net/oneill_dan.htm</A> (general info)
<A HREF="http://www.vividvision.com/DanOneill.html">http://www.vividvision.com/DanOneill.html</A> (covers)

I've never actually seen any of the books, but I've seen Dan O'Neil flip
through and describe the first two or three in the movie "Comic Book
Confidential."

I definitely remember seeing unauthorized Disney characters/heavy parodies in
comics before, so I'll let you know of some more when I can think of the
details.

In the meantime, I hope that "Air Pirates" information helped, although you
probably knew about it already...
--
Dane Martin

"Surrealism in th' service of sanity is no sin."
--Griffy, "Zippy the Pinhead"