Geographic inaccuracies found in DD&Co

Olaf Solstrand olaf at andebyonline.com
Tue May 6 22:39:38 CEST 2003

I notice people saying it's unrealistic that the distance by car from
Duckburg to Langtvekkistan is 99950 km... Well, here are my comments:

1 -- Who said the sign is accurate? This could be a mistake from those who
made the sign. Just like Don Rosa's duck-billed something in The life and
times of Scrooge McDuck p3 was a mistake made by Theodore Roosevelt.

2 -- Who said the sign is unaltered? How can you be sure that some kids
didn't just scribble an extra zero on it, and that is why the distance is so
big?

3 -- Isn't it FAR more unrealistic that there even IS a sign in Duckburg
telling how far it is to Langvekkistan?

4 -- I assume the distance from Duckburg to a -stan country would be about
the same distance as from Duckburg to Gamla Stan.

Just a few comments. I don't see why one should dwell about the distance
when the sign itself is even more unrealistic.

Best,
Olaf the Blue