SV: AW: eggs and ducks

Sigvald Grøsfjeld jr. sigvald at duckburg.dk
Thu May 8 04:05:37 CEST 2003

Cord Wiljes <cord at wiljes.de> wrote:

>> Theresa wrote:
>> I have to object!!! No matter how human, the
>> ducks have feathers, beaks and orange beautiful
>> flat swimmingfeet - an appearance to be proud
>> of. So they must be hatched from hardshelled
>> eggs.
>
> And do they not also display certain traits
> of birds (as opposed to mammals):
>
> - They usually get several children at the
> same time.

As does many mammals like dogs, cats, etc...

> - They care for their young ones just very
> briefly and as soon as those can take care of
> themselves they are sent away.

As does many mammals like dogs, cats, etc...

> (If I remember correctly Barks once said in
> an interview that he viewed Donald as a 16
> (!) year old.)

probably after preassure from "Morbid" and "Gready".

> - Lifelong monogamy is very rare

As with many mammals like dogs, cats, etc...

> So I do not think they are mammals. Why should
> they? Which facts support this assumption?

1.) Birds don't have hands!

2.) Most birds can actually fly!

> If it looks like a duck and swims like a duck
> chances are it is a duck.

Don Rosa once drew Donald, Scrooge and HD&L in the shape of real Ducks -
They looked totally different.

Anyway the Ducks in Duckburgs act like humans, not like ducks.

Sigvald :-)