happy Wendseday, Don Rosa

Lunnan & Hjort brit.lunnan at chello.no
Thu May 8 12:01:46 CEST 2003

We know Don Rosa as a thorough, dependable guy, with
a meticulous attention to details of facts & fiction. As a memorable
preface in a book with and about his work has it,
    " This is a person not content simply to draw 4900 people
    if his school teacher had asked him to illustrate "Jesus feeds
    five thousand". "
This explains the *culture shock* the Norwegian population was
exposed to yesterday, when they innocently and happily threw
their collective glances at their calendars, to check that this was
indeed May 7, important liberation-from-war day for 57% of European
nations, and also the birthday of one of our planet's most wondrous
composers ever (1833-1897). It was May 7 indeed, but our Don Rosa
calendars proclaim that this was ... "Ondsag". A diabolic counter-counter-
counter message over the counter from Mr Rosa, no doubt, creating in
our innocent minds connections between May 7 and ... Evil Saws! Our
genuine "onsdag" is named after our own Odin ... might there be a fiendish
plot & putch to throw out the Nordicness of our souls, starting with
midweek-day, inserting these Evil Saws instead? Is not only Mr Rosa,
but also the CIA involved in this subversive scheme? What is next,
"Sheffield Wendseday" beats Manchester Disunited?

No wonder everyone from school pupils to university professors had
difficulties focussing on studies and work yesterday. I suggest that
either we have to sue Mr Rosa, in a massive collective legal effort which
will leave Big Tobacco and Ugly Asbestos as peanuts to the chickens
-- or he will have to sue Egmont.

Nils Lid Hjort