HD&L as dipshits

Gerd Syllwasschy gsy at megatel.de
Thu May 8 11:58:30 CEST 2003

Sigvald:

> I've got a few German Mickey Mouse magazines with HD&L on the cover. However
> there they appear very different from the straight, bright, clever and
> serious boys who Barks even made generals in The Junior Woodchucks. By
> consequently drawing HD&L with stupid caps worn backwards and wearing some
> silly modern kids clothing Ehapa has IMO turned HD&L into silly dipshits.

Well - they're sometimes quite funny to look at. BTW, thanks for
expanding my vocabulary - I hadn't known the word "dipshit". :-)

> guess this is the result of a policy of mainly doing the magazine for small
> kids.

The German weekly is *nearly exclusively* bought by pre-adolescent
children. This is different from the situation in Scandinavia (or Italy,
or ...) where Disney magazines are basically all-family reading, aren't
they? It may have to do with the fact that comics are still widely
considered kind of "inferior" literature in Germany.

Gerd