Gemstone/Gladstone

Christina Hellström chellstr at iki.fi
Thu May 8 15:49:18 CEST 2003

Sigvald Grøsfjeld jr. wrote:

>Stefan Persson wrote:
>
>Wait a minute.  Barks stated that US has two
>

>>sisters.  Then he has two, and only two,
>>sisters, right?  Barks never mentioned anything
>>of a father of HDL's.  Thus they do not have
>>any father, right?
>>

>Anyone not being Jesus Christ have a biological father, even HD&L. It's pure
>logic - Barks didn't need to state that fact.

<delurk>
Among humans, yes. But parthenogenesis (virgin birth) isn't that unusual
among animals, although I didn't find any references of it occuring
uninduced in mammals. In birds at least turkeys can produce live chicks,
all male.
http://www.poultryindustrycouncil.ca/Factsheets/Factsheets/fact70.htm

</delurk>

--