Sigvald's Birthing Method?

xephyr@cwnet.com xephyr at cwnet.com
Fri May 9 03:08:55 CEST 2003

Sigvald said (concerning Barks' allusions to Ducks being 'hatched'):
> Only in stories not faithful to Barks. yes I know that
> Barks once used som jokes about the Ducks coming out of
> eggs. But those are still jokes. He never showed an
> actual hatching.

But are there any examples of Barks showing Ducks being
"born" like humans either?  How can you exclude one without
the evidence of the other?

>> Barks never mentioned anything of a father of HDL's.
>> Thus they do not have any father, right?
> Anyone not being Jesus Christ have a biological father,
> even HD&L. It's pure logic - Barks didn't need to state
> that fact.

Wait a minute.  Your theory that Ducks are "born" is based on
absence of evidence provided by Barks, thus it should ALSO be
true that Huey, Dewey & Louie are "born" without a father since
Barks never references one.  Or are you selective in the use
of logic? :-)  I'm just joking as your logic appears to be
selective depending on what you wish to prove.  I just accept
that HDL have both a father and a mother because they were said
to have had one in their very first appearance (when their mother
explains to Donald how the "angels" set firecrackers under their
father's chair), even though the source is not Barks or Rosa.
As such, I obviously don't accept a Barks/Rosa ONLY universe
where Ducks are concerned.  I embrace Taliaferro's, Scarpa's
and others who have contributed to the world where these delightful
characters exist.

Rich Bellacera