Ducks, eggs, human beings: the ultimate solution

Sigvald Grøsfjeld jr. sigvald at duckburg.dk
Tue May 13 00:37:46 CEST 2003

M.J. Prior <M.J.Prior at student.rug.nl> wrote:

> (The Dutch DD weekly still gets letters asking
> Donald why he doesn't *fly on his own wings*
> instead of drive a car.)

What wings? Donald and the other Ducks in Duckburg don't have any wings.

> g) Duck-egg-birth has been portrayed various
> times in Disney comics, while there seem to
> be no known instances of 'mammal birth'. Why
> would anyone argue for mammal birth, if we
> already have those various instances of egg
> birth?

This is *not* entirely correct. A mammal birth given by Grandma Duck to
Gladstones Mother is indicated in Don Rosa's "The Sign of the Triple
Distelfink".

> Try and compare Donald and Scrooge to Vladek
> Spiegelman.

Vladek who? I guess that character is not well known in Norway.

> Scrooge may meet actual historical persons like
> Czar Nicholas II and John Jacob Astor (both'
> died under awful circumstances) and yet he
> doesn't seem to live in a world where Auschwitz
> has happened.

This is *not* entirely correct. WW2 is indeed mentioned as "The big war" in
Don Rosa's "Return to Plain Awful".

Sigvald :-)