Ducks, eggs, human beings: the ultimate solution

Olaf Solstrand olaf at andebyonline.com
Tue May 13 02:46:59 CEST 2003

GREAT solution, Michiel! I'm talking about your f) here.

Sigvald:

> What wings? Donald and the other Ducks in Duckburg don't have any wings.

True, but seeing this through the eyes of a Dutch six-year-old, I have no
problems realizing that of course he MUST have wings, as he is a duck, but
that they perhaps are hidden under that sailor suit of his, or perhaps those
"hands" are really wings... that doesn't really matter, he's a duck, so he
should have wings and be able to fly anyway. Why doesn't he fly to work?

Sigvald, do you _really_ think that children have the same ways of logic as
a man with your age and education? In that age, Disney comics aren't a
historical masterpiece - they are FUN. Donald IS a Duck, so of course he can
fly.

> This is *not* entirely correct. A mammal birth given by Grandma Duck to
> Gladstones Mother is indicated in Don Rosa's "The Sign of the Triple
> Distelfink".

I don't remember the exact reference, can you please remind me? It was a pun
on "the water broke" or something, wasn't it? What I _do_ remember, is that
we never *saw* a mammal birth here. We've seen Donald be hatched *several*
times.

> This is *not* entirely correct. WW2 is indeed mentioned as "The big war"
in
> Don Rosa's "Return to Plain Awful".
"CARAMBA! There was ANOTHER one?" :-)