Ducks, eggs, human beings: the ultimate solution

xephyr@cwnet.com xephyr at cwnet.com
Tue May 13 03:41:12 CEST 2003

From: Olaf Solstrand olaf at andebyonline.com
> No, GD was not shown pregnant in this story.
> She was inside the house (we didn't even SEE her),
> Humperdink were outside talking to a painter, and
> she screamed to him that her water had broke or
> something. After a short pun he ran in, and that
> was all we saw of that.

Thanks Olaf.  I guess I can vaguely see now why Sigvald attempts to use
this as evidence of "live mammalian birth", but still, we have no idea what
it might mean for a "Duck" vs. a "Human" in the same situation.  The
evidence still stands that there has never been a known live mammalian
birth by a Duck in a Disney comic, but there have been several cases of
"hatchings" from eggs.

Its a relief to know that Rosa's story did NOT include a depiction of
someone assisting a Duckling from Grandma's birthing canal.

I think its funnier to see/believe that Donald and the rest hatch from eggs
and I, for one, am glad that has been the case thus far.

-Rich