Multiple Duckburg-Universes

Sigvald Grøsfjeld jr. sigvald at duckburg.dk
Tue May 13 18:00:38 CEST 2003

Lately there have been several discussions regarding the basic ideas and the
basic natural laws of the Duckburg-Universe, going on.

IMO there is only one explanation that can give every participant in this
debate right – multiple Duckburg-Universes. In the Marco Rota universe
Scrooge and Grandma seems to be brother and sisters and the Ducks are birds
being hatched from eggs.

In Don Rosa's version of Barks' Duckburg-Universe the Ducks seems to bee
born via some kind of mammal birth and Grandma Duck is Donald's father's
mother while Scrooge is Donald's mother's brother. In this universe the
Duck's live on an earth like ours, with the same history as our Earth, exept
that the US has an extra state in the ester Coast, and that the estern third
of Russia is called Brutopia.

In William Van Horn's Duckburg-Universe Scrooge has a half-brother named
Guideon or something like that

There's also other Duckburg-Universes. In some of them the world consist of
fantasy countries with fantasy names, etc.

I think there is 4 basic sides that differs between the Duckburg-universes:

- The species spesifications of the Ducks:
born VS hatched

- The family relations between the Ducks
Barks's view VS European view

- The geography of the Duck's world
real world VS fantasy world

- The history of the Duck's world