No subject

Rob Klein bi442 at lafn.org
Wed May 14 00:12:50 CEST 2003

It seems to me that we have MANY MANY different Duck Universes (probably ALMOST
as many as we have different creators (live and deceased)!  Few of them
coincide CONGRUENTLY in ALL their various aspects.  Therefore, I think it would
be extremely difficult to decide how many of them are "major" or Main"
differing categories of "Duck Universes".

I want to make this clear, Sigvald, that I am not intending to publically
criticize you, but only to have you think about the following point.  The only
reason I'm make this point in public is that it is of interest to many list
members.  I see, by your many related comments, that you seem to have a strong
desire and/or need to place the "information" "point" or "situation" in a
rigourously defined box or small group of categories (i.e. get down to
the "true essence" or "simple real truth"). That makes topics easy to talk
about.  Unfortunately, topics that have open questions or have details to the
Nth degree cannot easily be simplified without risking "jumping to conclusion"
errors, or oversimplication that involves inaccuracies.  It is an admirable
quality to want to simplify discussions to help communication. However,
sometimes that cannot be accomplished without loss of meaning, or risking
inaccuracy.

In this situation, it might be best to leave it that there are many different
Duck Universes. Why not leave it to the individual fan to decide what his/her
favourite is?  Discussions over whether there are 2,3,4,5, or 77 major "Duck
Universes is likely to be moot (AT BEST).

That reminds me of the classic Monty Python sketch:

"The Spanish Inquisition has three.... no, four.... no five ways to....

Rob
Klein