OT - about DCML messages online

Donald D. Markstein ddmarkstein at cox.net
Wed May 14 23:17:35 CEST 2003

> It works by relying on human intelligence. Any human who tries to send a
> mail to that link will instantly realise that they should indeed
> REMOVE_THIS, while the automated tools the spammers use might not

Thanks, Theresa and Morten, for your replies to my question. I'm afraid,
tho, human intelligence isn't available to me in this situation. Not that
I'd dream of saying my readers don't have it, but I get a lot of mail from
people who are VERY new to the Internet, and have even less idea than I do
of how it works. They could easily click the link and never even look at the
address it puts in the field, let alone notice that it doesn't make sense.
Their human intelligence will no-doubt enable them to spot such things when
they have more experience, but I can't count on that.

Quack, Don

Today in Toons: Every day's an anniversary.
http://www.toonopedia.com/today.htm