Great Italian creators

Sigvald Grøsfjeld jr. sigvald at duckburg.dk
Thu May 15 01:27:58 CEST 2003

Hi all!

First let me say that I think that our "hot" debates lately have resulted in
a lot of qualified, informative and valuable comments from Rob, Olaf and
others. Comments that will be of great interest for future readers seeking
through the DCML-archives.

Lately there have been a focus on Italian creators, specially on Luciano
Gatto – a name still unfamiliar to me, and I guess most Norwegians. That
doesn't mean that he is a lousy creator in any way. It just mean that his
name has not been presented very well by our national weekly Donald Duck &
Co or in other Disney publications in Norway. I guess that's because those
magazines and books are mainly intended for kids – not for Donaldists.

Anyway I do read Italian comics as I have read all 269 Donald Duck Pocket
books that are published in Norway so far + other great stuff.

Even so the Italian story I do remember best was published in Norwegian
DD&Co 32-35/1975 – "Den store Ballongferden" (The Great Ballonrace), 28
pages. According to COA this story is written and drawn by Guido Martina and
Giorgio Cavazzano – and it seems that several pages were cut in the
Scandinavian publication in 1975. Can anyone here tell me more about this
story and these creators?

Sigvald :-)