SV: Re: 17th of May

Sigvald Grøsfjeld jr. sigvald at duckburg.dk
Sun May 18 15:44:13 CEST 2003

fra: Erik Arnesen <erikarnesen at hotmail.com> wrote:

As your reply to may posting is in English, not in our common mother tongue
Norwegian, and as you don't say that it was personal, I have to assume it
was meant for DCML!

>> "Later in 1905 the Danish prince Carl became
>> king Haakon VII of Norway."
>
> Norway became independent in 1905, but we
> didn't get our own king before June 1906.

Wrong!
The coronation was held on June 22nd 1906, but Haakon VII was elected king
by the parliament (Stortinget) on November 18th 1905 (after a referendum
held in November 12-13 1905) and the royal family arrived Christiania
(=Oslo) on November 25th the same year.

Sigvald :-)