SV: Re: What about a book with stories by Scandinavian creators?

Sigvald Grøsfjeld jr. sigvald at duckburg.dk
Sun May 18 21:25:27 CEST 2003

Olaf Solstrand <olaf at andebyonline.com> wrote:

> This is neither a COMPLETE list, or a list
> put together by a QUALIFIED person. But I was
> asked to sumb them up some time ago in a
> discussion board, as we were discussing who
> was the best Nordic writer or artist. Anyhow,
> this is the list I came up with then (slightly
> edited - I remove a Finn and add Freddy Milton):
>
> -- Flemming Andersen (Denmark)
> -- Rasmus Nybo Andersen (Denmark?)
> -- Per-Erik Hedman (Sweden, living in Denmark)
> -- Lars Jensen (Denmark)
> -- Jesper Lund Madsen (Denmark)
> -- Freddy Milton (Denmark)
> -- Gorm Transgaard (Denmark, living in
> -- Costa Rica)
> -- Werner Wejp-Olsen (Denmark?)

Hmmm "Wejp" sounds Dutch. But then again in the beginning I thought Ari Behn
was from Finnland due to his first name.

> -- Hakon Aasnes (Norway)

Don't be modest - you forgot:
-- Olaf Solstrand (Norway)

> NOTES:
> But remember, for years I thought Jan Kruse
> was Norwegian. And so did I. Kruse is
> definately a Norwegian name - he may have
> Norwegian ancestors and thus perhaps be
> qualified for a book with Scandinavian
> creators.

By the way to correct Dutch way to write Kruse seems to be "Cruys". As
historians belive that the Dutch later Russian admiral Cornelius Cruys (who
actually was born in my homecity Stavanger as Nils Olsen) was of the
Kruse-family from the Molde area and thus changed the Norwegian Kruse into
the Dutch Cruys when he came to The Netherlands.

Sigvald :-)