17th of May/June 2005 + Re: Scrooge's silk hat + Re: Deadlines

Sigvald Grøsfjeld jr. sigvald at duckburg.dk
Wed May 21 02:26:20 CEST 2003

Olaf Solstrand <olaf at andebyonline.com> wrote:

> I have a terrible feeling of being a bad, bad
> spammer.

You shouldn't have - our discussion is on-topic, that's all that matters
AFAIK.

>> e) Germany - Kaiser Wilhelm II often went to
>> Norway and was thus obviously interested in
>> the seriously matter of war or peace in the
>> Scandinavian question during the summer of
>> 1905.
>
> ....yeah, that is naturally of huge interest
> for the average German... reader today. Or what?

Oh, yes! I bet they will love to see Scrooge meeting Kaiser Wilhelm in
Berlin or elsewhere in 1905.

> (by the way, I can't wait to see the seriously
> matter of war or peace in the Scandinavian
> question during the summer of 2005 :-)

I meant 1905!

> Yes, Don Rosa _knew_ of the Brazilian José,
> and chose to ignore him.

OK, he knew about it, but he wasn't familiar with it. Besides he couldn't
read the text.

>> And so? AFAIK "Don Donald" is not a work by
>> Barks.
>
> And so? It is still a Donald Duck movie. And
> whoever gave Donald such an important thing as
> his car should be threated with respect, right?
> So I hope that you was just kidding here - and
> not seriously attacking this script writer's
> name and reputation?

No, what I tried to say is that Don Rosa seldom see sources, other than
Barks, as "canon". So from his point of view there was no reason to follow
whatever info is given in the "Don Donald" movie.

Sigvald :-)