Chinese "rubble" language

xephyr@cwnet.com xephyr at cwnet.com
Thu May 22 04:34:02 CEST 2003

Despite the opinions of some (one?), I think that it is quite important to
be as inclusive as possible with this list.  I know there are Chinese and
Japanese Disney fans, but there is indeed a common language barrier which
can be somewhat overcome by the Internet.

As for my computer and its (in)ability to display Chinese characters, it is
quite strange that it is indeed set up to communicate, for business
purposes, in both Chinese and English, but not necessarily over the
internet.  I cannot change the settings (as this is not my personal
computer), and my default browser is Internet Explorer, thus the Chinese
characters are lost to me once I transmit them via the internet.  Because I
am here in China and have no computer during my off-hours, I currently use
http://www.mail2web.com/ to recieve and send e-mail, and I read all DCML
message directly from the Archives at http://stp.ling.uu.se/pipermail/dcml/
where the Chinese characters are not properly displayed for me.  These are
not issues I can currently overcome due to my circumstances.

BTW, AFAIK, there are currently NO Japanese references in the Language
database for the INDUCKS.

Richard Bellacera