SV: Re: Chinese "rubble" language

Stefan Persson spe at inducks.org
Thu May 22 23:39:20 CEST 2003

Sigvald Grøsfjeld jr. wrote:

> And now Jørgen does the same thing by claiming that I was the only one who
> was irritated by the missing Swedish and Finnish names in the 10 language
> list presented in the book "Jeg, Mikke Mus" in 1976!

He does not.

BTW, in the Swedish book the names in the Norwegian "rubble" language
have been replaced by names in Swedish.

> What we know for sure is that we DCMLers do *not* represent the average
> reader of Disney comics - I guess that we are what the average reader will
> call "nerds".

I would say that the average reader of a Disney magazine is a boy or
girl of 5 to 10 years of age who reads the issue once and then throws it
away; however, I doubt that such readers will think it is worth paying
such an expensive amount of money for enourmous books like "Jag, Musse
Pigg."  The size of the book will probably also make it difficult for
such readers to hold the actual book in their hands.

For whom it may concern: Below is a list of the Japanese names in that
book and their Hepburn transcriptions.  The transcriptions will probably
make it easier for most people to pronounce the names.

Inducks abbreviation ^ Name in Hepburn transcription ~~ Name in Japanese writing
MM                   ^ Mikkii Mausu                  ~~ ミッキーマウス
MI                   ^ Minii Mausu                   ~~ ミニーマウス
GO                   ^ Guufii                        ~~ グーフィー
JC                   ^ Jiminii Kuriketto             ~~ ジミニークリケット
DD                   ^ Donarudo Dakku                ~~ ドナルドダック
PL                   ^ Puruuto                       ~~ プルート
DA                   ^ Deejii Dakku                  ~~ デージーダック
US                   ^ Sukuruuji ojisan              ~~ スクルージおじさん
BW                   ^ Waru Ookami                   ~~ わるおおかみ
CD                   ^ Chippu to deeru               ~~ チップとデール
HDL                  ^ Hyuui to Duui to Rui          ~~ ヒューイとデューイとルイ

The Japanese characters might not display properly for all people.

Stefan