For Italians--Off-topic, a bit

CarmenG@aol.com CarmenG at aol.com
Fri May 23 04:03:56 CEST 2003

Hello--
I have a somewhat duck-related question for Italian members of the list,
several of whom have helped me in the past. When I was a child, my parents sang me
some songs that I would like to pass onto my new daughter (well, almost a
year old now!). One was a popular song, that began (and forgive my spelling, I am
going to try and write this phonetically): "Papaveri e papari son alti, alti,
alti, e tu so piccolina..." or SOMETHING like that!--and that's all of it I
know. I never knew what it was about except that it concerned a DUCK (papari).
The other was a hand-clapping song, and my father & mother each had a
different variation of it! "Battiamo le manini, adesso vieni Papa" OR "Mani manini,
vieni Papa."
Can anyone help me with the words and the translations? Please don't go to
any trouble, but if you happen to know, I'd appreciate a private email. (I don't
want to bore anyone!)
Grazie,
Carmen
(or Carmelo)