SV: Language! Narf! [mostly OT]

Stefan Persson spe at inducks.org
Fri May 23 22:25:02 CEST 2003

Sigvald Grøsfjeld jr. wrote:

> Well, I like things to be correct.

According to the ISO 639-1 and 639-2 standards, Serbian and Croatian are
two different languages.  I've understood that they are very closely
related, though---much more closely related than e.g. Swedish and Norwegian.

> Bah!!! I once mailed Anders And & Co in order to get a Danish name for one
> of Don Rosa's stories - I have never got any answer!

And what if you had sent your mail to Donald Duck & Co instead...?

> That was just a stupid joke in order to get attention.

It did not look like that.

> Asuming we are talking about an educated adult person here, I guess I would
> would think the same as as if someone appeard to be total unfamiliar with
> other international standards as: [...] the Celsius temperature
> scale,

SI only defines kelvin, not centigrades.

> * the siphres 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 and 9 as written in wester'n style.

You mean the numerals?

Stefan