ad infinitum

Christina Hellström chellstr at iki.fi
Sat May 24 11:07:22 CEST 2003

> From: Arie Fachrisal

> whether or not
> the phrase "ad infinitum" was created by Barks or was it also already used
> before Barks used it. Well, reason i asked this cause i just recently read
> an article in a recently published mag which used the "ad
> infinitum" phrase.

"Ad infinitum" is a latin phrase meaning "to infinity", so it has been
around for quite some time. (I got my Latin interest from the 'Asterix'
comic. :)

Here in Finland there are a lot of sayings that, although not always
original creations by the translators, are common due to a large number of
kids reading the same Aku Ankka. Quite a number of them seems to me to be
from Barks' comics, which is interesting since they aren't the original
words but the translations, but I guess a strong story also makes the words
more memorable.

--
//Christina Hellström
  http://www.geocities.com/chellstr/