DCML Digest, Vol 3, Issue 44

Gary Leach bangfish at comcast.net
Sat May 24 17:47:05 CEST 2003

Søren:

> Apparently you, Sigvald, fell for it. I can surely see why. Sorting
> historical events into categories is both entertaining and helpful if
> you wish to get an overview of a complex area--and Disney comics is
> certainly one such.

Sigvald seems - to me, and I speak only of me, let me be precise about
that - to be the kind of reader who finds in Don Rosa's tales the
answer to a craving for organization and continuity in a
long-disorganized fictional arena. I'm not sure he "fell" for anything
- he's simply found satisfaction, and has embraced it. He could stand
to put things in better perspective, if his posts are any indication,
but maybe that's what he's trying to do - it can be a messy and awkward
process, especially when some of it is conducted in public.

And Don certainly has never gone out to fool anyone about history or
anything else - that's an absurd notion on the very face of it.

Gary