Mickey Mouse Annual

Ola Martinsson Ola.Martinsson at uab.ericsson.se
Mon May 26 15:59:40 CEST 2003

I just bought two Mickey Mouse Annuals from 1933 and 1935. It's the
first time I've seen or heard about these. Then I looked them up on the
net and found that they were issued from 1930 - until 2003 at least.
For covers see this link.

<http://www.tonystrading.co.uk/galleries/annuals/mickeymouse.htm>

However they both are thick as phone book catalogues. There seems to be
about 500 pages or so in them when you see how thick they are. Then I
got surprised when I opened them. The leaves? (two pages) are as thick
as postcards and completely stiff. So there is only 118 pages in them.
They are in black & white and mostly 1 page gags. Some of the panels are
clearly taken from Gottfredsson but repenciled it seeems to me.

I was very hesitating to buy them because they were quite expensive. I
paid 300 euros for them together. Does anyone here know what is the
value on these books? The 1933 is VG-FN.
The grade on 1935 is VG-FN but the front cover is very dirty, that is
dark as if there is some kind of soot on it or something. The back cover
however is bright red as it should be. There is the same image on the
front and back cover.
Are they rare ?

Ola in sunny almost tropical moisty Stockholm +20