Swedes in Finland

Christina Hellström chellstr at iki.fi
Mon May 26 17:32:08 CEST 2003

H.W.Fluks at telecom.tno.nl wrote:

>Ha! I can make an off-topic thread on-topic again!

I'm in awe, I tried to come up with anyting ObTopic, but couldn't think
of any. :)

>Is the Swedish "Kalle Anka" distributed in Finland every week?
>Or do all Swedish-Finns read the Finnish Aku Ankka?

You can find Kalle Ankka in the newsstands alongside Aku Ankka, at least
in the Swedish speaking areas (coastal area, more or less). Many do
subscribe to Kalle Anka, although I grew up with Aku Ankka, which in my
very unbiased opinion is of course the only right choice and much better
than the Swedish version. (duck and run :)

Among my classmates (some 20 years ago) the distribution seemd to
slightly be in favor of Kalle Anka, but I'm sure it depends very much on
the area, as in some areas the kids are more bilingual at a young age
than in others.

--
//Christina