"Backwards" Comic-Writing Technique

Danehog@aol.com Danehog at aol.com
Tue Nov 4 21:50:52 CET 2003

Mads wrote:

>Hi
>
>I read the article about Don Rosa in the Kentucky Alumni
>(can be seen
>here: http://duckman.pettho.com/alumni1.jpg ), I have been
>wondering
>what the advantages about the techniques of drawing
>backwards to you
>reach halfway, and then draw from the beginning till you
>reach the
>beginning ?

Although I'll be frank and say that your sentence made no sense whatsoever, I
know what you mean. And personally, I think it's a concept that would seem to
work well with laying out a comic book story -- or any story, for that
matter.

Once you have the ending fleshed out, you can't get any more structured than
that, I'd say, because you know exactly where you have to get from that
point...

But he *draws* them that way as well?
--
Dane