Danish Donald Strip Reprints

Olaf Solstrand olaf at andebyonline.com
Wed Nov 5 13:49:57 CET 2003

> Unfortunately - as far as I know - "MetroXpress" in Copenhagen is the only
> Danish newspaper that does so.

Are you talking about good old Taliaferro strips, or Donald Duck strips in
general?

The Norwegian newspaper "Verdens Gang" does publish Donald Duck strips six days
a week (alongside "Calvin & Hobbes" and "Dilbert"). They've done that for as
far as I can remember (meaning, AT LEAST 10-15 years). And I know for sure that
is Bulls Press.

And that's not the only one. According to a news article I read about six
months ago, Donald Duck strips are now published in *eleven* Norwegian
newspapers. (In comparision: The most-published strip in Norwegian newspapers
is "Hagar the Horrible" in 40 newspapers, followed by "Pondus" in 39
newspapers, "The Phantom" in 31, "Calvin & Hobbes" in 24 and "Beetle Bailey" in
17.) Of all the strips from Bulls Press, Donald Duck is the fifth most
published, only beaten by "Hagar the Horrible", "The Phantom", "Beetle Bailey"
and "Jens von Bustenskjold", and sharing the fifth place with "Ernie".

So unless we're talking about two different kinds of Donald Duck strips, Bulls'
Donald Duck strips have for sure been published in Scandinavia for several
years.

Best,
Olaf