Need more help for the story, this time Norwegian kings

Olivier mouse-ducks at wanadoo.fr
Thu Nov 6 19:05:34 CET 2003

Olaf:

>>> So: Does anyone here either
>>>  c) knows of a web page that deals with my problem (English and
Norwegian
>>> viking names)

I have found this site:
http://www.ugcs.caltech.edu/~cherryne/mythology.html
Browsing through the characters, I see that in the texts they spell the
names using a special font which I guess must be at least close to the
original spelling (ex: Þórr / Thor). There's also a "Runes" page, plus
several links.

Sometime I will have to read about the Norse mythology, starting with the
web sites I have bookmarked.

A couple of other links on the subject of  folklore, mythology, legends,
tall tales, ...--

Bulfinch's Mythology    http://www.bulfinch.org/
Folklore and Mythology e-texts    http://www.pitt.edu/~dash/folktexts.html
Folklore, Myth and Legend
http://www.acs.ucalgary.ca/~dkbrown/storfolk.html
Myths & Legends    http://members.bellatlantic.net/~vze33gpz/myth.html
Deities    http://www.wiccan-refuge.com/deities.html
Kalevala Pictures by Akseli Gallen-Kallela
http://www.niksula.cs.hut.fi/~xyu/kale-gb/gapic.html
Kalevala pictures    http://kalevala.onego.ru/eng.htm
About the Kalevala    http://www.finlit.fi/kalevala/indexeng.html
Tall Tales       http://www.hasd.org/ges/talltale/talltale.htm