Sigvald Awakes a "Sleeping Giant" (Ha! Ha!): Silly American Responds

Sigvald Grøsfjeld jr. sigvald at duckburg.dk
Mon Nov 10 16:37:55 CET 2003

Matthew Williams <kingofduckburg at apptechnc.net> wrote:

> Because I am American and not "representative
> for the whole of DCML" are my opinions to
> be dismissed?

Off course not.

> While the Walt Disney Company Comics era did
> seem somewhat focused on changing Disney comics
> into something else, I think that threat is
> long since past. As long as people like Rosa,
> the Blocks, and the Van Horns are still
> creating excellent (ORIGINAL) work in the
> traditional style, I don't think we can assume
> an overlapping panel style is going to become
> the norm.

OK then! Because that was indeed what I have feared and the reason I came up
with this topic in the first place.

If the overlapping style remain mr. Fecchi's special style rather than the
norm, I will have no problems at all enjoying both his and other creators
comics in the DD Pocket books.

> Still, the way you have chosen your comments
> in reference to Mr. Fecchi is rude and just
> plain not very nice.

As stated before my comments was about the style, *not* about the man. It
was not my intention to hurt anyone. I am very sorry if mr. Fecchi or anyone
else felt hurt by my comment.

Also notice that I used the word "bad" in order to get attention at DCML.
The next time I have some critical comment of any kind, I can present it in
a nice way - and see if that gives attention as well.

Sigvald