Fecchi / bad attention

Daniel van Eijmeren dve at kabelfoon.nl
Tue Nov 11 13:37:39 CET 2003

SIGVALD GROSFJELD to MATTHEW WILLIAMS, 10-11-2003:

> If the overlapping style remain mr. Fecchi's special style rather
> than the norm, I will have no problems at all enjoying both his
> and other creators comics in the DD Pocket books.

What exactly is "the norm" within Disney comics? Apart from some
basic rules, Disney comics are known to have a great variation,
with lots of different styles.

> It was not my intention to hurt anyone. I am very sorry if
> mr. Fecchi or anyone else felt hurt by my comment.
>
> Also notice that I used the word "bad" in order to get attention
> at DCML.

You can be sure that I've noticed this comment, Sigvald! You just
admit you have purposedly used negativity, in order to get attention.
(As if you don't have attention enough, already!)

This puts your apologies and your contributions in quite a different
light for me. You DO seem to know the difference between annoying
behaviour and good behaviour. If you think you should have attention,
you just throw in some negativity, resulting in angry/disappointed
people falling over each other, just to reach you and to give you
some more chances... And then, how are these chances (mis)used?
I think I see a vicious circle here.

Anyway, trying to get bad attention is a very wrong attitude. If you
go on with that, I really think you should unsubscribe from this list,
Sigvald. This list is not meant for people who are experimenting with
bad behaviour. You can raise your own mailing list for that.

> The next time I have some critical comment of any kind, I can present
> it in a nice way - and see if that gives attention as well.

This is vivisection. I feel like a guinea-pig, looked up in a funny farm!

How will people react if Dr. Sigvald tries to present his critical
comments in a nice way? Will it give him as much attention as before,
or will he have to fall back on his bad vibe tactics?

What an experiment! It's for the good cause, though. Either way, it
helps to give Sigvald attention... And if it's not enough, bad vibes
will be the bait to get a lot more attention. What a system!

--- Daniël