Valuable Duck-book found in margarine crate

Olivier mouse-ducks at wanadoo.fr
Wed Nov 12 19:54:57 CET 2003

Olaf:

>>> At andebyonline.com, we've been discussing this issue for a few days.
The
>>> question raised most is: "If you found the first years of Donald Duck &
Co in a
>>> margarine box - would you sell them?" Most people say no.

Same here. I hold onto to the little I have, I'll raise my children (when
have some) to love such healthy things as Disney comics, and just to be sure
I'll place a curse on all my beloved belongings to deter my descendents from
parting with them. ;)

>>>Others have
>>> said "It's easy to say no when you don't have the magazines - 250.000
kroner is
>>> lots of money! Besides, the same comic books are collected and printed
in
>>> hardcover books now, so why keep on to the originals when you can get so
much
>>> money for them?".

Good point I guess. Well, let's say I might consider it if  I had 2 copies
of  such a magazine. Even then, I think I'd rather try to find someine who
"deserves" it, that is to say, not I wouldn't sell it to someone who is just
out there to make a quick buck by investing in whatever seems financially
interesting-- whether funny-shaped potatoes, hideous statues, or images of
talking mice and ducks. I guess the very best choice would be a museum (of
comics, for instance).

Olivier