Mickey's first appearence ?

Mads Jensen madsj at raptus.dk
Tue Nov 18 20:14:31 CET 2003

Hi

I borrowed some documentary at the library, called "The History of
Animation" where Walt spoke about the history of the animation.

Afterwards it showed the "Steamboat Willie" cartoon, and surprisingly to
me it said that it was first shown in October, and not in November ?

What defines Mickey's first appearence ? "Plane Crazy" (shown privately)
shown in May 1928, or "Steamboat Willie" (which was Mickey's first
public appearence) shown in October/November 1928 ?

Best wishes,
Mads