Sands of time

Olaf Solstrand olaf at andebyonline.com
Fri Nov 21 19:12:59 CET 2003

Nils Smeby wrote:
> All this talk about Scrooge's grave - have
> you guys forgotten that Carl Barks gave him
> eternal life?
>
> In the story "Go Slowly, Sands of  Time"
> written and illustrated (in 1980!) by CB
> himself it is revealed that the old duck is
> constantly rejuvinated by his daily money
> swims.

I just discovered that not only is there made a comic from this story - D 6856,
script Tom Anderson/art Vicar - but it's reprinted in Scandinavian Donald Duck
weeklies 48-2003!

As only the plot comes from Barks, there's no special notice about this
anywhere in or around the magazine (at least not in Norway). Normally the
frontpage is decorated with "Containing Barks classic" in huge letters - that's
not the case in this case. Anyhow - I think this is the best Duck comic I've
read in many years, so I thought I could might as well mention it here (in case
anyone here does not buy the weekly regularly). This story is, in my opinion,
really _great_.

Olaf