"Glorp"?

Kriton Kyrimis kyrimis at cti.gr
Wed Oct 1 07:55:41 CEST 2003

HARRY:

> Since "glorp" is a non-existing word, it might as well be a verb. So there would be no problem to have titles like "De Zwarte Ridder glorpt weer".

There would be a problem in Greek, where verbs have distinct forms, and
"glorp" is not one of them. One might try to slap on a suffix to make the
world look like a verb, but this is a practice that is frowned upon, and they
would be sure to receive a nasty letter from me if they did. Not that this is
very likely, as the Komix people are usually very carefull about the language
that they use.

An alternative would be to use the word as part of an expression, and make the
title something like "The Black Knight Goes Glorp Again", but for some reason,
this sounds like the aftermath of a sumptuous dinner at the McDuck mansion,
consisting of canned beans and tap water.

	Kriton	(e-mail: kyrimis at cti.gr)
	      	(WWW:    http://dias.cti.gr/~kyrimis)
-----
"One small step for Mankind, one great leap, or words to that effect."
-----